To conduct fair and open elections where every eligible voter can participate, every vote is cast by an eligible voter, and every vote cast is properly counted, is paramount for every election. It’s crucial for cities and counties to have a comprehensive Election Procedures Manual for implementing not only current election laws, but future changes to election laws when they arise.
SLI Compliance’s Election Procedure Assessment/Audit service provides the independent review needed to strengthen internal election procedures. This includes identifying any patterns of non-compliance with State laws and regulations; shortcomings in a client’s documented procedures and/or training; any lack of definition; related requirements including durational residency requirements for voter eligibility; and same-day voter registration procedures.
SLI Compliance’s Election Procedure Assessment/Audit service includes:
- Working with City, County, and State election officials as well as citizens to promote consensus and common understanding of their election process and needs.
- Complete understanding of the relevant laws and regulations and applying our experience in best practices for election administration.
- Gathering the relevant information and analyzing it from a factual standpoint to assess the conduct of the most recent election and prepare guidelines for future elections.
- Performing a fact-based analysis of the gaps between current practices and the applicable laws, regulations and best practices, and proposing an efficient solution to address those gaps.
- Focusing on the most important areas where risks occur that could lead to questions about the integrity of an election.
- Providing a solution that may be adapted to future changes in election laws and practices.
SLI Compliance’s assessment services help stakeholders with the understanding of and provide confidence in the electoral process.